|Tour code: SO06: HIGHLANDS FROM SAIGON
|SOUTHERN VIETNAM TOURS
Discover the central Highlands, way to home to the ethnic minority. Discovering scenic Lak Lake in a typical dugout canoe and the forests on the back of an elephant are among the most popular activities in the area.
Day 1: Saigon / Buon Me Thuot (L/D)
Pick up at your hotel and depart to Buon Me Thuot along the Ho Chi Minh trail which makes the border with Cambodia. On the way, stop to visit Dray Sap waterfalls and Ede Village of Tur near Buon Me Thuot.
Overnight in Buon Me Thuot.
Day 2: Buon Me Thuot / Lak Lake (B/L/D)
Breakfast at hotel. Visit of Ethnology Museum in town. Transfer to Lak Lake
Enjoy then an elephant ride and cross the Lak Lake to Mlieng village, home of the Mnong Minority.
Walk in the village and discover the traditional Long Houses.
Overnight in Lak Lake in a traditional long house (community centre).
Day 3: Lak Lake/ Buon Me Thuot/Pleiku (B/L/D)
After breakfast, depart to Pleiku through the Ta Grong pass and numerous tea and coffee plantations. The contrast between the green color of the coffee tree leaves and the red late rite soil will make beautiful pictures.
Visit of the Jarai Village and their amazing funeral art. Each tomb is surrounded by several wooden carved statues representing each step of the defunct life (subject to authorization) Overnight in Pleiku.
Day 4: Pleiku/Kontum (B/L/D)
After breakfast, depart to Kontum.
Upon arrival, visit to the seminary and the charming wooden church of Kontum, this was built in 1913. The prayers to God are written in the 3 main languages of the Minority people (Banhar, Sedang, Jarai) and if you are lucky to attend a Holy Mass, you will see that the church is too small to welcome all followers wearing their most beautiful clothes.
Then, visit the Banar villages of Kon Jari and Kon Kotu and visit the Communal House.
Overnight in Kontum.
Day 5: Kontum Depart (B)
Breakfast at hotel. Transfer to airport in Pleiku for your onward flight (flight not included).
Note: We can arrange
additional customized trips for you if the above itinerary does not
match your expectations.
Size of Group
Prices net per person in US$, and may change depending on high or low
Email to modify
- B: breakfast; L: lunch; D: dinner
- Above prices is net per person and quoted in US dollars
- Tariff rates and conditions subject to change without prior notice
- Christmas and New Year’s dinner supplement (will be advised at time of booking)
- Itinerary is subject to charges depending on road conditions
- A/C vehicle transfer with driver
- Basic/simple accommodation in twin sharing room with breakfast
- Sightseeing and entrance fee at all mentioned sites
- English, French speaking local guide
- Meal as stated in itinerary
- Domestic flight as program
- GOV tax tour
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee for photo or video camera to the sites
- Others not mentioned in the price above
- Tips and gratitude for guide, porters and drivers
Visa to Vietnam easy and fast with our
Vietnam Visa Service
Search Package Tours